[gst-devel] Threading issue

francis labonte francis_labonte at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:27:22 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have an element in a thread that send an error (GST_ELEMENT_ERROR).  This cause the following warning, and sometime segfault (look like bug #111146)

"
ERROR (0x8203f70 - 304099:29:13.106265000)    entrygthread(32430) entryscheduler.c(1076):gst_entry_scheduler_iterate:<GstEntryGThreadScheduler at 0x8200c88> returning error because of element error
(process:32430): GStreamer-WARNING **: inconsistent state information, fix threading please
"

Running the same pipeline with opt does'nt cause the problem (not yet..).  Should I use opt instead of entrygthread?  Is this problem may occur even with opt?

If the same problem may happen with opt, I would like to know if somebody have an idea of how the problem could be fixed.  I guess the solution is not simple, but any pointers/explanation will help me to understand more and will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Francis