[gst-devel] Crash with two connected threads - testcase

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Fri Sep 10 07:03:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

during my work with the crossfader for amaroK, I've hit a bug in GStreamer
that prevents the fader design from working as expected.

This would be an example pipeline design affected by the bug:
{sinesrc} ! {queue ! osssink}

When two threads are linked with a queue and both are playing, you can't set
the input thread to PAUSED while the output is PLAYING. Tons of interrupt
events are generated, and it looks like the scheduler crashes. Being able to
pause and play the input thread independently is vital for a crossfader to
work.

I've attached a minimal testcase program which triggers the error. Any help in
locating/fixing the bug is appreciated.

Cheers,

--Mark.