[gst-devel] Slow Play bug

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Sep 16 23:36:03 CEST 2004

Hi Darren,

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 02:08, Darren Blaser wrote:
> Could someone try playing the following file?
> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/MOV/editlist/menace00.mov
[..]
> I'd really like to know if this slow play problem is particular to my
> machine/setup or if everyone who tries this file has the same issue.

I didn't test yet, but I've seen this behaviour. Wim has debugged this
when I told him about it some time ago, and we cam to the conclusion
that spider inserts too many loopbased elements (spideridentities) for
opt to handle the case correctly. We had two possible solutions: 1) use
another scheduler, 2) use another autoplugger (or 3) both). I first
decided to go for (1) but noticed that spider had other issues as well.
I (and Wim) am (are) now working on some media playback related issues,
and this issue is one of them, and I think we now have a way of not
getting this anymore. You'll get more news about that on the mailinglist
in 1-2 weeks.

I've added the bug to #138435, I'll give it some testing this weekend
(or monday; when I'm done moving) and will let you know if it works fine
now.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>