[gst-devel] gstreamer man pages

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 24 14:04:05 CEST 2004

Christian:

> I am assuming that NROFF is the native man page format, so I guess that
> is what we want need. I am not sure how we most easily transform the
> pages either, but I assume Sun has some scripts etc. for doing this? I
> mean I assume you ship the man pages in NROFF format yourself, or does
> the Sun man tool support SGML directly?

The Sun man tool supports SGML directly.  At some point, probably in a
few months, the Sun docs team will convert them to NROFF for our Linux
builds.  I guess we can wait until then.  However, I'm pretty sure it
is fairly easy to use an XST transform to convert them to NROFF.  I
think David Schleef tried it out once and got it to work.  Perhaps he
can help?  I don't know what is required to do this.  I can ping our
docs team and get help if David or someone else on the gstreamer team
doesn't know how.

--

Brian