[gst-devel] RTP Payload Status

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Thu Apr 7 07:19:48 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 10:58 -0300, Flavio Oliveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with the Live.com for multimedia streaming. The libraries
> can be used to stream, receive, and process MPEG, H.263+ or JPEG video,
> and several audio codecs.
> - "LiveMedia" must run over JRTPLib (Lib used in Farsight RTP Plugin).
>   I am sure that it is possible, but to get it we are removing some
>   dependences with the Live.com libraries.
> - Creates the LiveMedia Plugin
> - Add some features in Farsight RTP Plugin to run LiveMedia over RTP
>   properly

This doesn't make senseto me; LiveMedia is another plugin framework
(vaguely) similar to gstreamer.

Could you explain what problem you're trying to solve better?

Are you planning to wrap livemedia objects as gstreamer objects? Or are
you talking about having gstreamer RTP talk to a livemedia streaming
server? or something else?

Thanks,
Rob Taylor