[gst-devel] RTP Payload Status

Flavio Oliveira flavyobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 7 08:03:11 CEST 2005

> This doesn't make senseto me; LiveMedia is another plugin framework
> (vaguely) similar to gstreamer.

Maybe I have not been clear, but I can be wrong.
I understand that Live.com isn't similar to gstreamer. Live.com is used
to streaming applications, using open standard protocols (RTP/RTCP,
RTSP, SIP). It is used to support RTP/RTPS in Players like MPlayer and
Multimedia Streaming Servers like LiveCaster.

GStreamer doens't support to RTP and RTSP, but I believe that it will
have with Farsight RTP Plugin. Live.com implements so many RTP Payloads
in LiveMedia library, so I intent to get the Payload implementatios and
uses it over Farsight RTP Plugin. Example, Farsight has a Plugin called
r263enc, and I think that you use it with RTP Plugin.
So, we could have a LiveMedia Plugin where you can do MP3 Streaming
using the RTP Plugin. I am thinking to create a LiveMedia Interface,
something like you did with r263enc plugin that use the libr263.
Really, I can need wrap livemedia objects as gstreamer objects to I/O
operations.

Flavio