[gst-devel] Flushing the alsasink buffer / Seek accuracy

Matt Morten djcredo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:45:44 CEST 2005

Hey all,

I am building a piece of DJ software using GTK and GStreamer.
Initially, I have used a thread with the following elements: filesrc,
speed, mad, alsasink.

One crucial function function in my program requires that I can seek
to a position on the MP3 file with a very good degree of accuracy.

Firstly, even though I pass the flag "GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH" when I
seek, it seems I am still getting some residue from the buffer. If i
seek to a position, then press play, I hear about half a second of
music from the old position in the file before it begins playing from
the new position. Is there any way I can counter this?

Secondly, it seems the seek isnt as accurate as I had hoped. What
would be the best way to seek to a position with the greatest degree
of accuracy?

Thanks