[gst-devel] RTP Payload Status

Flavio Oliveira flavyobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 7 15:37:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

>> I expect you wont need to use the planned payloader base class here,
>> so all thats needed is for encoders to output
>> application/x-rtp-noheaders and encoders to take application/x-rtp.

I didn't understand, what is the planned payloader base class?

>> If you find encoders want to output full RTP packets, let me know =)

I am not sure if I understood. But, the LiveMedia Plugin will provide
Farsight RTP Plugin with RTP Payload data. Something like this:

A RTP transmitter takes encoded media data, formats it according to
the rules defined in the appropriate RTP payload format, using LiveMedia
Plugin, and sends it in RTP packets using Farsight RTP Plugin.
How the encoded data is generated is outside the scope of RTP. A
conferencing application (Farsight) would probably encode live video
direct from a camera. A streaming application would likely read from a
pre-encoded file.

Flavio