[gst-devel] a GstType for a musical note

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Apr 16 07:27:13 CEST 2005

> For audio-synth plugins instead of a frequency one usually supplies a keyboard
> note, either as a number or in a 3 char notation (C-0, D#5).

... and the frequency is actually different depending on the sort of
harmonic scale you adhere to.  I assume there's a common standard used
for apps/devices so that they agree on this ?

> Again the question is where to put it. There core does not really need to know
> about it (besides gst-inspect showing the proper param type of an elemnt).
> Having this in plugins would be good, so that multiple plugins can use the same
> type and apps can rely on the type.

I wouldn't necessarily mind having it in the core.  I'm not sure this
sort of thing is providable as a feature ? Does anyone know ?

Thomas

Two wrongs don't make a right
but three left turns do