[gst-devel] linking elements

Tristan Van Berkom tvb at gnome.org
Tue Apr 19 12:49:40 CEST 2005

Hi all,
    I think I'm missing some black-magic for my audio pipeline
to work properly, I'm currently having trouble linking an
"audioconvert" element to a "ladspa-vlevel-stereo" element.

The ladspa sink pad has these caps:
=====================================
       audio/x-raw-float
                   width: 32
                    rate: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
                channels: 1
              endianness: 1234
           buffer-frames: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
=====================================

And the audioconvert src pad has these "x-raw-float" caps:
=====================================
       audio/x-raw-float
                    rate: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
                channels: [ 1, 8 ]
              endianness: 1234
                   width: 32
           buffer-frames: [ 0, 2147483647 ]

Right now I have no clue as to why this isn't linking; I've
used gst_debug_set_active () in the hope of crazy verbosity;
but that doesn't seem to make a difference (maybe I need to
recompile gstreamer with debug ? but I can only find
./configure options which /disable/ debug, not enable it).

Anyone have any idea why these elements dont link ?
or any idea how to find out why they dont link ?

Cheers,
                                -Tristan