[gst-devel] Bug? and a question...

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 21 18:14:20 CEST 2005

First off, great API guys!  It really stinkin' rocks.

Attached is a simple player that I am working on.  Its main goal is to
listen to internet radio stations and quit when: A. The stream ends B.
Connectivity goes down (which doesn't prompt an "eos" signal, thus I
poll for position and make sure it changes).  I also need to get tags
and write them to a file.

When a stream connectivity stops, the player sucessfully leaves
gst_main() but hangs on stopping the playback. ie:

  /* Main Loop */
  gst_main ();

  /* Stop playing */
  g_print("We get here fine...\n");
  gst_element_set_state (play, GST_STATE_NULL);
  g_print("We never get here!\n");

I'm not sure if this is either a bug in my code or a bug in the library
(which rocks btw, did I mention that?).

Second, I get tags fine from local files (ie. an ogg) with my code.
However, whenever I connect to a shoutcast stream, I get no tags.  How
can I fix this?  There definately are tags in the stream (Xine, MPlayer,
etc pick them up fine).

Thanks!

Nathaniel