[gst-devel] oggmux max-delay & max-page-delay default

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 06:07:25 CEST 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 09:54, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> At the moment, oggmux has a default value for max-delay and
> max-page-delay of 5000000000. I admit I haven't the
> slightest clue about exactly what these mean, but they
> cause problems, as they're too high.

I think the default should have been 0.5 seconds in both cases, and thought
that had been fixed already as well. IIRC the problem with a value of 5
seconds is basically that the muxer writes out a page with 5 seconds of
video, followed by a page with 5 seconds of audio, so if the
player's/demuxer's buffer isn't big enough, odd things will happen.

> Are there any objections?

Are you sure a default value of 5ms isn't a bit too small?

Cheers
 -Tim