[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg vs ffmpeg

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Apr 23 10:11:04 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:30, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> BTW is there anyway of configuring gstreamer such that it will use
> mpeg2dec i.s.o. ffdec_mpeg2video or vice versa??

No, not right now. That's planned, though.

As for performance, with thanks to Luca Ognibene, we've been able to do
some tremendous performance gains to gst-* in CVS, up to a point where
CPU usage of, for example, Totem is pretty much the same as mplayer,
which I consider an excellent achievement.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>