[gst-devel] problem in using the gst thread and pthread simultaneouslty

ecmproute ecmproute at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:32:41 CEST 2005

On 4/28/05, Pankaj GOYAL <pankaj.goyal at st.com> wrote:

> HI,
>  I m making two pipeline(shown below) and running the two pipelines as
> different gstremer threads (using the gst_thread_new ) in an
> apllication.And in addition to that i m using the another pthread in the
> same application , which is prompting the user to close the apllication when
> he/she desire.Now the the problem is that my application gives
> segmentation fault after some time.After some hit and trial I found out
> that if i remove the pthread from my application and let it run infinitly
> then there is no segmentation fault.

Please build a small app using only your pthread-based code, taking input
from user, when it should, and printing when the appropriate functions are
called. Find out if this code is crashing.
I suspect that there is a problem with your implementation of pthread,
because I personally have developed a big app using pthreads, and Gstreamer
threads (which are basically pthreads), and faced no probs as such.

Or you can send me the code, and the output of your app, when you run with
"export GST_DEBUG=*:3".
NOTE: Also, please send the pthread app I mentioned.

Is there any such problem that we can not use the gstreamer pipeline using

--
Confused about which path to take in life?