[gst-devel] Videoscale.. link/unlink ? dynamic widht/height

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 01:01:19 CEST 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 18:31, Antoine Tremblay wrote:

>   I have the following problem: I have a video decoder which will give
> me different resolutions in the course of a decoding, like it passes
> from 640x480 to 320x240 and then to 480x290 or anything at one point
> because it was encoded with a fixed bitrate  So the resolution changes
> but the image size stays the same.
>
> I must use videoscale to scale the image when it changes but I'm
> unsure as how I will set the new input width , height paremeters? Is
> the only way to unlink / and relink the plugin? Can I do this inside
> my decoder plugin ? Or is there a way I could send an event or
> something to tell the videoscale plugin that it's input widh/height
> has changed ?

You probably want a "filtered link" with fixed height/width between your
videoscale element and the element after that. In your decoder element you
should be able to just do gst_pad_try_set_caps (decoder->srcpad, newcaps)
before you send out a frame that has a different video size than the previous
one.

 Cheers
  -Tim