[gst-devel] recording & watching tv

berti bertrand.haut at brutele.be
Thu Aug 18 13:48:10 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 21:47, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
If I try to record it

> > gst-launch-0.8 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv ! deinterlace
> > ! video/x-raw-yuv, format:fourcc=YUY2 ! filesink location=test.raw
> >
> > and watch it back
> >
> > gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=test.raw  ! video/x-raw-yuv,
> > format:fourcc=YUY2 ! xvimagesink
> >
> > I see only a green square.

> They won't - since your saving a raw yuv stream, there is no information
> on how to separate video frames.  if you were to specify complete yuv
> caps on the link when playing back, it would probably work.  Run
> gst-launch with -v on the first line, take a note of the caps it
> negotiated with, and use the exact same caps in pipe 2.

Ok it solved one part of the problem. Specifying the blocksize for the
filesrc, as mentionned in the mail of by Ronald S. Bultje, finish to solve my
problem.

Is there a simple mean to know the blocksize used during the recording ? I had
to divide the total size of the file written by the number of iteration to
find out that the byte per pixel used in this format is more or less 1.5
which is quite strange for me.

Thanks for your help.

--
Berti