[gst-devel] GstMad problems

Luc Simard simlu at touchtunes.com
Wed Aug 24 13:16:41 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have two questions about gstmad plugin.

1- Is there a reason why the chain function checks only one time if the first
frame of an mp3 has a Xing header? What I mean is that if I change the state
of my pipeline to GST_STATE_READY, and that I change the location of my
filesrc for an mp3 that has a Xing header and I reset the state of the
pipeline to GST_STATE_PLAYING, what would happen? Should we not set
mad->check_for_xing to TRUE in the gst_mad_change_state again?

2- Let's say that I have an MP3 that have a bad frame (the first one
actually), and let's say that mad_frame_decode returns MAD_ERROR_BADDATAPTR
which is not handled in the plugin. Does someone know what this error means?
Should we not skip that kind of frame in the plugin?

Thank you very much for your help guys
--
Luc