[gst-devel] caps negotiantion again

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Aug 31 05:24:27 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 10:48 +0200, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 10:00 +0200, Michael Lausch wrote:
> > how can i define the YUV ordering between pads which are using
> > video/raw-yuv?
> >
> > I know the problem from transcode which has the option --uyvy to switch
> > between different YUV colorspaces. I think my problem with distorted
> > colors when playing VDR realtime video (using streamdev) via gstreamer
> > derive from such a misunderstanding between the docer element and the
> > xvimagesink element.

Very unlikely; you can test with gst-launch-0.8 -v to see what format is
negotiated between your elements. Your decoder may not be setting a
correct 'format' property in the caps that it sets on the pads, though,
like Jan said. Can you show your decoder code?

[..]
> If you don't filter the caps, elements attempt to determine any format
> they can on their own, and in 0.8 often make poor or even broken
> choices.

It may be random at times, but the format decision is still always
correct.

Ronald