[gst-devel] jpegdec segfaulting

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 09:54:15 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 16:04 +0000, Henry Gomersall wrote:

> I now get a segfault with both images using 0.9.7 and the following
> command:
> "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/hen/Desktop/working.jpg !
> jpegdec ! xvimagesink"
>
> With the output as follows:
>
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Segmentation fault

> If I remove the final element (leaving the src of jpegdec floating) the
> pipeline doesn't segfault, and exits fine but with the following error:
>
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/filesrc0: Internal data flow error.
> Additional debug info:
> gstbasesrc.c(1032): gst_base_src_loop: /pipeline0/filesrc0:
> streaming task paused, reason not-linked
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

That's kind of expected. You could try

  gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location=not_working.jpg ! jpegdec !
fakesink

and see if that works. If it doesn't, it's definitively a jpegdec
problem. Also worth trying:

  gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=not_working.jpg ! jpegdec !
ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

> This is my first venture into gstreamer, and so I apologise if this is a
> trivial problem, although I feel fairly sure it should not be
> segfaulting ;)

Of course not ;) It would be great if you could file a bug about this at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org (component gst-plugins-good)

Cheers
 -Tim