[gst-devel] Some Quick help with gst-launch needed

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Dec 12 01:51:02 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 18:39 +0530, Sameer Naik wrote:
> hi guys...
> i've finally moved on to gstreamer-0.10, thanks to u guys..
> i really just had to add the gstreamer plug-in library path to the
> GST_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable.
>
> anyways it would be very helpful if u guys could send me a
> gst-launch-0.10 pipe that i could run from the terminal to decode and
> play a mpeg video file.
> I'm sure the gst-launch documentation would help me in doing that, but
> rite now I'm on a very tight schedule, and need this info ASAP.
> But however i will be going thru the gst-launch docs when i really have
> the time to do that.

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mpg ! decodebin name=d ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink d. ! queue ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! alsasink

That pipeline should get things working for pretty much any file you have a plugin for.

J.

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net

Have you been half-asleep? Have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name...
-Kermit the Frog (Rainbow Connection)