[gst-devel] MinGW and GStreamer again

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Mon Dec 12 07:59:02 CET 2005

Hi all,

	we got some fresh wind in our "GStreamer on Windows" efforts. The
result is improved compilation HOWTO document which can be found at
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/winport/winport.html
It is a step-by-step document with downloadable build environment (so at
last, you can save a lot of time setting up MinGW correctly).

	Good news is that GStreamer compiles nearly out-of-the-box using MinGW.
There are few last bugs that have been reported to Bugzilla.

	Now, Petr will continue his work to get the DirectX sinks working. And
we hope we will be able to play video on Windows using GStreamer by the
end of the year.

	Please, would it be possible to add a link to our documents from the
Windows section in your Documentation? Currently, only compiling using
MSVC is documented.

	Cheers,

		Michal