[gst-devel] audiosink for mp3-data

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Dec 13 05:27:19 CET 2005

This is not 100% correct. Almost all media players use decodebin as
their autoplugger and decodebin enforces decoding to raw audio even if the
output supports the native format. So it would be very hard for any media
player using decodebin to provide this functionality unless someone was
willing to write a new autoplugger. And we all know how likely this is.

As a workaround and simple solution to the original problem, I'd just
encode the raw audio with the lame element and then feed that to the sink.
The bad thing is that this causes a reencode with for mp3. The good thing
is that it works for other formats like ogg and that it's probably much
simpler to get working with current frameworks.

Benjamin