[gst-devel] doing 0.10 releases

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 07:07:01 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 15:11 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Now, in practice, I'd like to either:
> - prerelease on mondays, release on thursdays
> - prerelease on thursday/friday, release on mondays
>
> I guess the biggest question is - do people prefer working on the final
> release and testing prereleases over the weekend, or during the week ?

I'd prefer doing prereleases on thursdays/fridays and releasing on
mondays. That way we don't need to freeze CVS for the most part of an
entire week and I also reckon we have a better chance of getting those
tarballs tested by people who don't track CVS anyway on a weekend, but
that's just speculation of course.

Oh, and doing core and -base releases at the same time also gets my vote
if I have one.

Cheers
 -Tim