[gst-devel] segfault changing "host" field of "tcpserversrc" element?

Andy Pfiffer andy.pfiffer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:48:43 CET 2005

[ I'm not a gstreamer expert, so my apologies in advance if I'm way off base ]

I've been tinkering with some code that sets up a filter graph using
(among other elements) "tcpserversrc".  In the code, I'm trying to
change the "host" field after the element has been created but before
the filter graph has started playing.

What I see is that any call to change the "host" field with:

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(element), "host", <any null terminated ascii
string>, NULL);

causes an immediate segfault.   The string I'm trying to set it to has
been computed from a network interface name, something like this
(sorry about the whitespace mangling):

      char ipaddr[64];
      cc = ipbyif("eth0", ipaddr, 64);
      g_object_set(G_OBJECT(element), "host", ipaddr, NULL);

Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

Regards,
Andy