[gst-devel] Proposal for XML Description File for Plugins

Tue Feb 8 16:04:10 CET 2005

> > I'm still failing to see why extracting the information from the
> > binaries is a better solution.
>
> Did you miss the part where I said that it's not possible to do
> it any other way?  (Well, other than manually.)

No, but I missed the part where you explained why it's not possible to
do it any other way.  Such as putting relevant details in a
well-structured format in a separate file that can easily be read and
parsed automatically, without waiting for an hour-long build of the
source tree that may or may not fail with errors (such as when trying
to build sunaudiosink).

--Jeff