[gst-devel] What I want out of a "Status Table"

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Feb 13 15:29:12 CET 2005

Hi hi,

if we assume that the gstreamer-hacker are the target audience, that are
the items I would like to see in the status page:

1) It would be nice if one finds a way to associate open bugzilla issues
with the report.
This way one could easily see which plugin has open issues.
I have no idea, if bugzilla has an API that one could use to query
bug-status ...
Otherwise we can maybe have a BUGS or TODO file part of each plugin,
which just list bugzilla id's.
Or we need conventions about bugzilla reports to easilly associate
reports to plugins by report title.

2) See if a plugin is maintained.
This would probably require to check last commit to that plugin and
grepping the author our of gst-inspect/source.
Maybe it would be easier to have a AUTHORS file with each plugin and
e.g. having a first line like "*** need maintainer ***" to indicate that
it has been abandoned.

Stefan