[gst-devel] Re: summit conclusions + plans

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon Feb 21 03:30:01 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 10:25:02PM -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> I have some comments/suggestions. Might be out of order since I'm not
> going to be able to do any (or very little) work on 0.9. So feel free to
> ignore them.

You've already been worked in to the plan :).  Your job is to
tell us how to write an API that is easily wrappable.  (Along
with any other wrapper maintainers.)

> Maybe a middle aproach could be reached, that people stick to their own
> repos and sync daily/weekly/whenever.

That's sort of the idea.  The problem is that we have (and will have
more) large chunks that need to be merged.  The goal is to add major
features in a piecemeal fashion, with the tree stabilizing somewhat
in between.  Whatever encourages that goal is a good.

> What's most important, schedule or features?

Key features, then schedule.  Non-key features must be ready by
the freeze date.

> Only one audio sink/source?

Yes.  People are free to keep other stuff working, but if it
breaks, it won't be considered a regression.

> >- and add some unit tests
>
> Are there any code coverage requirements of the unit tests? What level
> of quality are the new code expected to meet?
> Using gcov and covering 75%+ of the changed parts might not be a bad
> idea. Needs some infrastructure work though.

That seems like a reasonable goal.  However, I'd prefer to have a
limit based on decision points rather than coverage.

dave...