[gst-devel] non-blocking gst_pad_pull()

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Feb 24 10:17:34 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 20:03 -0600, Dezelon, Mark wrote:
> My problem is that I'm trying to incorporate an existing buffer-passing
> mechanism into a GStreamer plugin, but this mechanism runs
> asynchronously to GStreamer.  Thus this mechanism might have zero output
> buffers ready for gst_pad_push() after processing a gst_pad_pull() input
> buffer, or it might have many output buffers ready before an input
> buffer can arrive.

You'll want to explain a bit more about how this works. It sounds like a
bad idea. you can do the other way around: have pull/push operate in the
element context and create a separate thread for your own API/whatever.
That's (so I learned today. :) ) what BeOS does.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>