[gst-devel] Questions on image "muxing"

Nagy Gergely gergely.nagy at neteyes.hu
Sat Jan 1 12:03:13 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 20:41 +0100, Nagy Gergely wrote:
> > Op za 01-01-2005, om 19:04 schreef Nagy Gergely:
> > > Basically, what I imagine is a generic overlay "muxer", that takes two
> > > images and merges them. So far, I did not find anything like it, but it
> > > might happen I'm just wasn't looking hard enough.
> >
> > You probably mean 'videobox' (I think that's how it's called), it's what
> > Fluendo's streaming server uses to overlay images or text on video
> > frames. It can also mux two video streams (and make use of alpha
> > information - I'm not sure if it can crossfade but that's certainly not
> > difficult to add if it doesn't.
[..]
> Will have a look at flumotion, maybe we can use what they have there!
> Thanks for the pointer!

Well, I did have a look at flumotion 0.1.4, but their overlay is not
good enough, it's not really a generic overlayer, although it's a good
starting point (except, I want it in C, not python), and glacing through
it cleared up some confusion I had.

Thanks for the tip! :)

--
Gergely Nagy <gergely.nagy at neteyes.hu>