[gst-devel] file descriptor sharing among different elements

Thirupathiah Annapureddy writetothiru at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 06:39:01 CET 2005

Hi Thomas,
First of all, thanks a lot for the quick response.

> > 2. is there any way to know whether my neighbour elements support a
> > particular interface. for example, i want to know whether the element
> > connected to my sourcepad supports a mixer interface or not.
>
> I think it should be easily doable; get the srcpad, get its parent,
> which is the element, then check if it supports the interface.  Why
> would you want to do this ?
our custom hardware does encoding, decoding, different effects and
mixing at the hardware level in an efficient way. we have decided to
have different elements for all decoders, encoders, mixer and other
effects.
we can make use of our hardware efficiently, when it is known two of
our custom elements are connected together. in this case the data flow
will be
handled internally in the hardware. so that no need of pushing data
from one element to another element.
can i create a custom interface for the internal use of our own
elements or is there any effiecient to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
A. Thirupathi Reddy