[gst-devel] file descriptor sharing among different elements

Thirupathiah Annapureddy writetothiru at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:19:35 CET 2005

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the response.

> If all you want to achieve is to reduce dataflow, I think good solution
> should be enhancing caps template with boolean property to denote if
> peer sits in the same chip, something like
> video/x-raw-rgb,foo_chip=true. This way you have discovery process
> placed where it belongs -- during negotiation, and can use normal
> gst-provided logic to just fallback to normal buffer passing when no
> such support is there.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like good idea to me :)
Yes, it is a good idea and i have tried it earlier. But we also need
to exchange some other data so that our custom driver can identify the
connection properly and invoke the appropriate actions at the
hardware.
so our elements need to communicate some unique information returned
by the driver. if it is a custom interface, exchanging such kind of
data would be possbile. please correct me if i am wrong. suggest if
there are any other possibilities.

Thanks in advance,
A. Thirupathi Reddy