[gst-devel] [kurtz611 at yahoo.es: [Alsa-user] GStreamer and ALSA]

kurtz kurtz611 at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 11 12:32:11 CET 2005

Jan Schmidt escribe:
> You might like to try a new installation of GStreamer and the plugins.
> There are FC2 rpms available from here:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/fedora.html

Didn't know about this repository. Thanks a lot!

Using yum I installed gstreamer-0.8.8 and gstreamer-plugins-0.8.6. Try
same command line, get same error.

Benjamin Otte escribe:
> It might work if you specified a period size manually via
> gst-launch sinesrc ! alsasink period-size=$VALUE

$ gst-launch-0.8 sinesrc ! alsasink period-size=2048

Great, this works here. But, I can run jackstart with no -p argument
without a problem, this means 1024 frames per period should be
supported by my sound card, doesn't it?

How do I tell Gnome to use a period-size of 2048 for GStreamer
applications? GStreamer preferences only allow me choosing the input
and output sink, but not their parameters.

Christophe Fergeau escribe:
> Testing a newer version (gstreamer 0.8.8 and gst-plugins 0.8.7) before
> filing a bug would probably be better

After all it seems there is no need to file a bug, unless you find
something I am telling is strange enough.

Thanks everybody, and keep the good work!
--
CC-by-sa [creativecommons.org]