[gst-devel] State of DParams

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Wed Jan 19 10:49:25 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 17:01 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> a few more thought for the redesign.
>
> The GstDParam class has a 'value-changed' event, but the 'notify::value-xxx'
> seems to be not working. I was hoping to listen to notifies to update the UI,
> but I don't receive any.
> I don't know if it is worth to fix it in the current code ...

Feel free to fix this.

> Generally as e.g. sinesrc and volume only expose some of their properties as
> dparams, a change of the dparams should also relflect in a change of their
> gobject properties.

My thoughts was that if a param is exposed as a dparam and a gobject
property then only one should be used at a time. If one is used the
other should be disabled. It would be error-prone to try to keep 2 param
subsystems in sync. Since your app knows about the dparam you can just
use that to query the current value.

cheers