[gst-devel] Bug in gst_bin_set_state ?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Jan 20 09:16:41 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 14:55, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> I tried to get v4l2src to work with gstreamer, and in the process
> found out that gst_v4l2src_change_state was never called when setting
> the state of the pipeline.

That indicates a state-change failure (probably due to failing caps
negotiation)... Did you check the return value? Dunno about the patch.
;). The else { .. } will call _change_state, which will call
gst_bin_change_state(), which will call
gst_bin_foreach(set_kid_state_func) on all kids per state instead of
one-for-all, which is the correct behaviour if you ask me. I'm not
totally convinced that the if { .. } is needed at all, but your patch
doesn't seem right if you look at it that way.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>