[gst-devel] Lip Sync with v4l2/oss/theora/vorbis/ogg

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Jul 19 00:48:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 13:53, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> "some sync patches" where really a bunch of patches over the course of a
> few weeks, and I think it would be hard to distill a nice patch from it.

Try it. We'll have to do something to make it work. Doing nothing won't
fix it. Put a patch online and I'll have a try.

Although I still think the build solution that Gerd used to use (ship
your own header) is ugly, I can live with it, so just do that and move
to v4l2. We've discussed this half a year ago already, and probably
several times before. :).

> there is currently no v4l subsystem maintainer since Gerd Knorr stopped
> doing it in March.  Maybe Ronald can comment a little here too.

It's been messy for a bunch of weeks, and after that, a few new people
stepped up, teamed up to continue development and one of them got
assigned the famous big hat. It's been working fine for quite a while
after that already. I'm not active in that team, though, I do other
stuff nowadays. If you want to follow v4l(2)/driver development,
subscribe to video4linux-list at redhat.com, which has been the official
v4l project mailinglist ever since it was started.

Re: sync, afaik v4l and v4l2 both have perfect sync in Cupid, so I don't
know what you guys do differently, but it sounds odd to me that v4l2src
wouldn't be in sync and v4lsrc would be. I'll need more context here to
make sense out of it.

Cheers,
Ronald

--