[gst-devel] Finding GOP using gstreamer

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 6 05:24:14 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 12:26 +0530, anupama wrote:
>    Is there any method of finding the GOP of a Mpeg movie
> throughgstreamer? At present I stream the movie from the Server to the
> client and capture the packets through ethereal and then manually
> calculate the GOP which is really tedious. Any command or method which
> helps me to get it done fast will be helpful.

Assuming your GOP is keyframe-separated (this is almost always the case,
although the MPEG standard does not require it... Go figure) - you could
use mpeg1videoparse; attach a probe to its source pad (or an identity
with the handoff signal), and check whether the buffers have the
keyframe flag set. I use it for that same purpose, it works just fine
(for me).

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>