[gst-devel] Skipping pipeline implementation

MDK mdk at mdk.org.pl
Fri Jun 17 11:22:53 CEST 2005

Dnia 16-06-2005, czw o godzinie 08:49 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> No. We don't have any provisions for that right now. We'd like to, but
> nobody has done it yet.

So I guess I'm going to work on that. I already have something that
works, but it's pretty hacky. I think the right way to do that is to
make a loop-based plugin.

I assume (for now) that reading from disk/demuxing is never a problem.
It's the decoding/filtering/etc. that can cause cpu problems. Basically
I'm going to pull buffers (say: just after the demuxer) and (based on
the timestamp and current clock) decide if the buffer "has a chance" of
being delivered "on time" to the last sink. If not, we drop it.

The "has a chance" logic is based on the last frame rendering time +
some tweakable "smoothness" ratio. I'd like to make it in just one
element.

--
Michał Dominik K.
mdk at mdk.org.pl