[gst-devel] More Windows Build Problems on 0.8.10

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jun 29 23:49:13 CEST 2005

Hi Bruce,

> We are getting similar problems to what  Kennedy Kok is seeing on Windows:
>

> Creating library Debug/libgstreamer.lib and object Debug/libgstreamer.exp
>
> grammar.tab.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _gst_child_proxy_lookup referenced in function _gst_parse_element_set
>
> gstbin.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _gst_child_proxy_get_type referenced in function _gst_bin_get_type
>
> gstbin.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _gst_child_proxy_child_added referenced in function _gst_bin_add
>
> gstbin.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _gst_child_proxy_child_removed referenced in function _gst_bin_remove
>
> Debug/libgtreamer-0.8.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
>
> Build log was saved at
> "file://t:\GStreamer\gstreamer-0.8.10\win32\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
>
> libgstreamer - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
>

> Has anyone succesfully built the Windows build for version 0.8.10?
>
> Bruce Rady

the missing symbols are from relative new additions to gstreamer. I've not yet
tried a windows build, therefore don't know which steps are involved. Can it be
that one has to create export tables or custrom header or something like that.
If so that this step probably needs to be redon, so that new symbols are included.

Where is the information for the windows build?

Ciao
   Stefan