[gst-devel] GStreamer and MIDI Support ?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Mar 22 03:01:23 CET 2005

Hi Jérôme,

currently there is no single line of code in GStreamer dealing with midi.

For me personally one question is:
what benefits one would expect from playing a midi file via GStreamer.

The only one I could come up with is playing midi in sync with audio, video.

A different scenario is using Midi as a control protocol, that is to control
parameter of elements. But that my be a bit out of scope for GStreamer as such.

So maybe, you can tell as what you want to do.

Ciao
   Stefan