[gst-devel] partial pausing of codecs branch ?

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Wed Mar 23 08:50:41 CET 2005

Imagine i am doing something (besides the notebook) and am listening to
the DVD concert (in the background, by Totem)

DVD Video decoding makes CPU work hardly and its fan run aloud.

So i'd prefer the way, that i minimize the player, player notifies about
this GStreamer, and GStreamer stops decoding video.

I think that completely destructing codecs between video sink and stream
demuxer would be too far, since it would need special measures to
reconstruct them when window restored, and reconstruct it during playback.
I wonder it there some methods for this in GStreamer API.