[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg : possible encodings with ffmux_mp4

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri May 20 05:32:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 11:42, Emmanuel RAULO wrote:
> I just checked out the CVS version of gst-ffmpeg so as to have those MP4 muxing
> features. After gst-inspect-ing the ffmux_mp4 element, it seems that only
> audio/mpeg (mpeg version 4) streams are supported for audio sinks. Are mp4
> files with audio streams in other encodings illegal or is it just some
> limitation of the element ?
> Can I hope this will change ?
> I must generate MP4 files with AMR sound for Japanese mobile phones. Maybe NTT
> DoCoMo is just using some strange muxer/encodings combination...

You're looking for 3GP, not MP4. It should be fairly easy to enable the
ffmpeg 3GP muxer (yes, they have one), see
gst_ffmpeg_formatid_get_codecids() in gstffmpegcodecmap.c (this is in
gst-ffmpeg because ffmpeg doesn't provide any such logic).

It's not enabled simply because it's not tested, and I dislike adding
random stuff that will most likely crash or not work. If you can provide
a patch and test that it works, I'll happily apply it.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>