[gst-devel] Plug-in license

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue May 24 03:36:36 CEST 2005

Hi Kiyotaka,
If you write a plugin from scratch you can make it any license you want,
so non-free for instance would be ok. So if you for instance is making a
set top box and want to include some non-free GStreamer plugins with
that box you can. Be aware though that you have to make sure there are
no GPL licensed GStreamer plugins or applications shipping together with
the system. Everything that is LGPL however you can of course ship with
your non-free plugin.

Only policy we have is that if you want that plugin included in the
official GStreamer packages it has to be under the LGPL or BSD license.

Christian