[gst-devel] handoffs-signal and seek

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr
Tue Nov 1 11:27:50 CET 2005

Hello,

I would like to use gstreamer 0.9 to seek to a frame of a video stream,
and display it.

Here's what I have done :
1) I put in a pipeline a filesrc, a decodebin and I set the pipeline to
PAUSED.
2) I iterate on the pads of the decodebin to get the pad associated to the
video stream.
3) I link it to the sink pad of a fakesink that has been added to the
pipeline. I attached a callback on the fakesink with the "handoff" signal.
The "signal-handoffs" property is set to TRUE.
4) I seek to a frame.

but the callback is not called. I mention three things:

* I always stay in the PAUSED state. Being in the PLAY state when I
seek does not change anything.
* seeking on the pipeline or the sink does not change anything
* gstffmpeg (well, ffmpeg, actually) displays these errors :

ERROR (0x80f8c00 - 0:00:00.465169000)               ffmpeg(  486) (0)::
header damaged

ERROR (0x80f8c00 - 0:00:00.465275000)               ffmpeg(  486)
gstffmpegdec.c(905):gst_ffmpegdec_frame:<ffdec_mpeg40> ffdec_mpeg4:
decoding error (len: -1, have_data: 0)

I don't know if these errors can explain why the signal is not sent, but I
mention them.

I have attached the test program that I use. I am certainly doing
something bad, but I don't know what. Maybe the parameters that I passed
to gst_element_seek are wrong.

thank you

Vincent