[gst-devel] RTP Caps,base payloader and jrtplib

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Wed Nov 2 04:26:58 CET 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

>> gst-plugins-good/gst/rtp/README and I see ssrc, timestamp start and
>> sequence number start all defined in the caps. They are ssrc,
> not everyone uses rtpbin - it should be possible to retrieve the random
> values chosen by the payload encoder so the application using it can
> create the necessary session descriptions.

Do you really need these values (ssrc, timestamp, sequence), in session
descriptions? These are by nature random, and should be handled within the
RTP stack.

Hmm, ssrc might be useful in some cases, but that can potentially
change at any time (due to collisions), so the it would be best that RTP
stack would just signal about the ssrc to upper layers.