[gst-devel] [newbie question] recording from v4l2 source is way too fast

Simon Lanzmich SimonLanzmich at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 08:40:00 CET 2005

Hi,
as some first experiment with gstreamer, I tried something as simple as:

gst-launch-0.8 v4l2src ! deinterlace !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=540 ! theoraenc quality=40 ! oggmux
max-delay=1 max-page-delay=1 ! filesink location=test.ogg

and the recording seems to run OK, since there are no error messages.
However, when I play the video file, it is way too fast. The error does
not seem to be in playing back the movie, because both Totem and MPlayer
play it with the same too high speed.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?

Any help is appreciated.

Simon