[gst-devel] accessing data in a pipeline / manually iterating

Dominique Würtz housirer at gmx.de
Sun Nov 6 08:49:06 CET 2005

Hi,

I plan to create an audio waveform display for my app which uses
gstreamer. For this I plan to use an arbitrary GstPipeline as the source
for audio data. What I would need is to access the data flowing into the
sink of the pipeline when an expose event (in case of implementing a
GtkWidget) occurs after seeking the pipeline in order to read in the
region of the audio stream to display.
The problem is that I don't know if there's a way to access the buffer
data from outside the scheduler. Do I have to kind of manually iterate
the pipeline so that data flows? Would be nice if someone could provide
some code snippets or point me to examples which give me an idea of how
this would work. Or maybe this approach won't work at all?

Thanks,

Dominique Würtz