[gst-devel] status of rtp packetizers

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Nov 10 02:04:15 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 14:25 -0300, Edgard Lima wrote:
> I have already change the following plugins so they are compliant with
> the 'todo' proposed.
> Since, apply that changes implies in removing the old ones I would like
> know if everybody agree with it and I can commit?
>
> gstrtpg711enc - gstg711payload
> gstrtpg711dec - gstg711depayload
>
> gstrtpgsmenc - gstgsmpayload
> gstrtpgsmdec - gstgsmdepayload
>
> gstrtpamrenc - gstamrpayload
> gstrtpamrdec - gstamrdepayload
>
> gstrtpmpaenc - gstmpapayload
> gstrtpmpadec - gstmpadepayload
>
> New element: gstspeexpayload and gstspeexdepayload

Hi,

I don't like this idea.  rtp is not the only mechanism that wraps codecs
into a transport layer.  And you're making the names longer without any
benefit.  Personally I have suggested to replace "enc" with "pay" and
"dec" with "depay".

Thomas

Come on baby take a walk with me honey
Tell me who do you love