[gst-devel] status of rtp packetizers

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Thu Nov 10 06:07:51 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Edgard Lima wrote:
> Now I dont know if it is still worthwile to changes names from
>
> gstrtpCODECenc to gstrtpCODECpay
> gstrtpCODECdec to gstrtpCODECdepay
>
> what do you think Kai?

now I'm just a middleman here :) - the rename is Philippe's proposal, and
I've understood that this has been discussed between at least Philippe and
Wim on #gstreamer. Now as both of them are busy with other stuff at the
moment, I'm trying to help things out.

Personally, I can live with any naming convention, but it would be good
that the names would be coherent. Even more important is that the
packetizers behave in the same way (=> use of the common base classes).

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net