[gst-devel] Extract AAC audio from Apple trailer?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Nov 12 19:56:31 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 18:44 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > I have no clue what you did or what went wrong. Please me more
> > descriptive.
>
> These commands were used:
> gst-launch-0.8 -v sinesrc ! audioconvert ! faac ! ffmux_mp4 ! \
> filesink location=blaatschaap.mp4

Let me guess, you use ctrl-c to quit, right? This will cause ffmux_mp4
to not write headers (which is done on end-of-stream), and thus the file
will effectively be garbage.

Use a finite sound source that properly introduces end-of-stream, like a
file or a sinesrc that emits EOS after a while. The resulting file will
play fine.

Cheers,
Ronald