[gst-devel] Proposition for a media test suite

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Nov 14 05:31:12 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 14:10 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Wouldn't it be painful to have to write everything in C ?
> > Do you think its a lot? I belive its a lot of media files but not so many
> > actions.
>
> Are you sure ? There's heaps of stuff we could be doing - random
> seeking, querying of position, type detection, properties detection,
> reverse playback, snapshotting, comparing to a known good reference
> decode, doing statistical analysis on output, comparing different
> decodings of encodings of the same file, ...

You might want to look at:
http://www.xinehq.de/~tmattern/report/

It uses toxine (a scriptable xine-lib front-end) and a number of scripts
that will test seeking, playback, etc.
I don't think something similar would be that hard to achieve using
GStreamer.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
If you really want to know who Keyser Soze is I'll tell you - it's me...
That's my foot and my shadow you see in that shot. -- Bryan Singer